Labels

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Where the magic happens..


As hard as it is not knowing what is going to happen tomorrow, or where something will lead us, sometimes we must have faith and trust that there is something greater than us out there, and that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it is hard to see the reason at first, but this force will guide us and help us through even the hardest of times. 

For a while now I have been asking myself, 'is it really worth it?'. A life in the corporate world, a daily, miserable commute, sitting behind a screen all day feeling my back tighten and tension forming with every new email into my inbox, inwardly counting down the time until the 'working day' was over. This really cannot be what life is all about, surely there is a better way..

Being just about to take a leap of faith into the unknown, I have found myself being incredibly indecisive, anxious and doubting every single step. Even though I know that deep down that this is what I want to do, it's still not easy! What if it doesn't work? What will I do? How will I pay my bills? Doubts fill my head trying to sway my heart, and at times almost managing..but deep down I have this little voice that can barely be heard telling me to take the leap. The doubts continually morph and come and go, but the little voice is always there. 

So I have finally decided to honor that little voice and put my corporate job on hold. I have just paid the deposit to do an intensive yoga teachers training course in India. It's a big step giving up financial security in pursuit of a passion, but I feel a huge relief in finally having taking the decision, and I hope I will be able to find my way and follow my path to transform from a corporate caterpillar into a yogi butterfly! 

Sometimes you need to take a leap into the unknown, and hope that magic is waiting for you on the other side! If it is not, all is never lost, and I have faith that I will be able to put myself back on track, a happier, healthier person for having made this leap and done the course. 

I will, of course, keep you all updated on my progress throughout the course - which by the way is 6am-6pm daily with multiple yoga sessions, yoga anatomy, yoga history, philosophy, meditation and teaching, and that's just the start. Anybody who knows me knows that I have trouble rolling out of bed at 8am, never mind 6am, (in fact one friend who I recently shared my plans with almost fell on the floor laughing that I would be up at 6am!) so this is definitely going to be a challenge. I have no doubt it will be exhausting, and at times painful, but I am looking forward to every minute of it! 

As Neale Donald Walsch once said, "life begins at the end of your comfort zone", so here I go! What are you waiting for?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment